Recipe for nourishing relationships:
- Spend time together, both quality and quantity are important.
- Speak with affection to each other and show physical affection with touch.
- Allow time for communication. This means balancing time at home with work commitments. Turn off the phone in the evenings.
- Support each other’s individual interests.
- Pay attention to the positives, no matter how small, and ignore the annoying things as much as possible.
- Prioritize the relationship. You want to model a good relationship for your children to emulate.
- Do something nice for each other on a regular basis.
- Treat each other’s parents with respect and love.
- Don’t let the bedroom be the last place to be at night.
- Welcome changes.