BOOKS AND RESOURCES
Here I have listed some books and resources which may be helpful.
- Divorceworks App for Apple and Android devices:
- For Apple iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/divorceworks/id962157350
- For Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.divorceworksmedia.app
Coping with Depression and Anxiety:
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D., M.D. Burns
- Undoing Depression: What Therapy Doesn’t Teach You and Medication Can’t Give You, by Richard O’Connor
- The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John M. Gottman & Nan Silver
Necessary Losses: The Loves, Illusions, Dependencies, and Impossible Expectations That All of Us Have to Give… by Judith Viorst
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Myla Kabat-zinn & Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Wonder of Boys by Michael Gurian
- Wonder of Girls: Understanding the Hidden Nature of Our Daughters by Michael Gurian
- Effective Communication (To listen well and be heard) Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- Taking The War Out Of Our Words, by Sharon Ellison
- You Just Don’t Understand: Women and Men in Conversation, by Deborah Tannen
Getting through the emotional divorce is not easy:
- Crazy Time: Surviving Divorce and Building a New Life. By Abigail Trafford (Harper Collins).
- The Good Divorce: Keeping Your Family Together When Your Marriage Comes Apart. By Constance Ahrons (Harper Collins)
- Between Love and Hate: A Guide to Civilized Divorce. By Lois Gold (NAL/Dutton).
- Mom’s House, Dad’s House: Making Shared Custody Work. By Isolina Ricci (Simon and Schuster).
- Helping Your Kids Cope With Divorce the Sandcastles Way. By Gary Newman with Patricia Romanowski (Random House).
- Between Love and Hate: A Guide to Civilized Divorce By Lois Gold (NAL/Dutton)
- Dinosaurs Divorce: A Guide for Changing Families By Laurene Krasny Brown and Marc Brown (Little, Brown and Company).
- My Parents Are Divorced, Too: A Book for Kids by Kids By Melanie, Annie, and Steven Ford, as told to Janice Blackstone-Ford (Magination Press).
Information on money and divorce:
- Divorce & Money: How to Make the Best Financial Decisions During Divorce By Violet Woodhouse and Dale Fetherling (Nolo)
- Why Mediate Premarital, Postmarital, and Living Together Agreements? Prenuptial Agreements: How to Write a Fair & Lasting Contract By Katherine E. Stoner And Shae Irving (Noho).
- A Guide to Divorce Mediation. By Gary J. Friedman (Workman Publishing Company).